Macbook Unibody Memory Suggestions

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by BigOrangeSU, Jan 12, 2009.

1. BigOrangeSU macrumors regular

Sorry, I know this has probably been posted a few times but I just wanted to know what everyone recommended. Currently I am using the stock memory but I want to upgrade to 4gbs because my computer is running sluggish when watching video and doing other things. For instance when I watch netflix and surf the internet at the same time, my keyboard lags and the computer runs sluggish. I think the memory upgrade should help.

What does everyone recommend for 4gbs? Links would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Cboss macrumors 6502

3. BigOrangeSU thread starter macrumors regular

4. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

I got mine from apple. At the time, DDR3 was pretty expensive elsewhere. I usually use Crucial.com for all of my ram needs though.

5. rdowty macrumors 6502a

rdowty

I have used Crucial memory both of my MBP's (early 2008 and unibody) with no problems.

6. munckee macrumors 65816

I haven't received it yet (should come today) but I ordered 4GB from OWC. Used their brand a number of times now with good luck, and they're consistently the cheapest.

For reference, 4GB from OWC was $85 compared to $95+ elsewhere when I searched.

7. Bwilky macrumors regular

I got apples 4gb upgrade for $150.00. They buy back 2gb, and you get 4. It was a good deal too.

8. Kevlar macrumors 6502

OWC sells 2x2GB DDR3 upgrade modules for 85$, and then you can get $25 back if you send in your original 2x1GB sticks. So Apples 'deal' isn't that great. Really apple doesn't give anything back for the 2x1GB sticks you give back to them. It does give you the benefit of apple not trying to blame the ram for every little problem though.