Macbook Unibody (mid 2010) Update question

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rangtang, Jul 16, 2010.

1. rangtang macrumors member

I just got a new Macbook (white unibody mid 2010) with stock specs. I ran iMovie the other day, throwing a video together, and it crashed on my a couple of times. Granted I was multitasking with safari also being open, but is that normal? I didn't think that would tax that system very much.

I was considering upgrading the RAM from 2GB to 4GB and was wondering what a good price on the RAM would be around. Where's a good place to get it? I know about Crucial, but it says about the same price as Apple was going to charge me to upgrade. Does black friday tend to bring RAM sales about? If so, from where?

Thanks!

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Might want to look at Console.app and browse the logs to see why it crashed, the crash logs and regular logs might show where the errors are happening.

3. rangtang thread starter macrumors member

Thanks I'll check that out. It didn't happen twice in a row, but when it did happen, it was acting a bit slow. I'm new to the new iMovie... I used an earlier version back in 02-04 and have done FCP ever since then. Figured that for small vids, imovie would do the job on the quick so why not?