Macbook Unibody Polycarbonate, should I wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by seong, Feb 20, 2010.

1. seong macrumors 65816

seong

Hi guys, I had a previous thread concerning if I should buy Macbook VS iPad, and Macbook VS Macbook Pro VS RAM.
    Now, I have decided that I will buy the Macbook Unibody Polycarbonate.
    The problem is, according to the buyer's guide, it says "Neutral - Product Cycle".
    Some people were saying Apple was coming with Macbook 13" = Core i3, Macbook Pro 15" = Core i5, and Macbook Pro 17" = Core i7.
    If they indeed updated their products, I would definitely wait for it, but now, I want better graphics to play:
    Starcraft 2
    Call Of Duty 4
    Call Of Duty 5
    Halo ODST (4)
    and Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium wars and 4.
    Will the graphic card nVidia GeForce 9400m and Core 2 Duo or Core i3 will be able to handle it?
    I would be even happy to play Starcraft 2 and Call Of Duty, but those 5 games are the ones that I want to play.
    I don't really mind about the resolution: 800x600, and Medium settings will be PERFECT for me, but then I want the games to run flawlessly.:D

Questions:
    1. Will Macbook 13" be updated with Core i3 and why are they good?
    2. Will I be able to play the games in Medium Settings + 800x600 flawlessly?
    3. Will Apple update their Graphic Cards?

2. jesterscourt macrumors regular

Halo 3/ODST hasn't been announced for PC, and supposedly the refresh for Macbooks (not Pros) is going to have Intel integrated graphics (which wouldn't be that great for gaming). Hope that helps.

3. seong thread starter macrumors 65816

seong

Ok,

ok, now my question is,
    Is the Intel's Integrated Chip be better at gaming compared to the nVidia 9400m?
    I would like to hear from a lot of people.

4. talkingfuture macrumors 65816

talkingfuture

I believe the Intel is worse than the NVidia. I would think the next update for the white MacBooks would August/September at the earliest.

5. seong thread starter macrumors 65816

seong

So, what do I do?

Ok, let's get the things straight.
    Apple allows the low-end Macbook and Pro 13" to have nVidia 9400m. Is it good for gaming? I saw my friend the other day with the unibody aluminum Macbook, which Apple sold it like two month or so, which runs Call Of Duty 4 flawlessly. It has nVidia 9400m.
    So, will it be compatible with Starcraft 2 with medium settings with lower resolution?
    What I am into is medium gaming.