Macbook Unibody rubber base separated/liquid damage?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by marklancedance, Oct 26, 2010.

1. marklancedance macrumors newbie

Hello All,

I recently noticed that amy macbook unibody 10.6.2 2.26GHZ was acting strange. I took it to my local apple store for service. The machine is 8 months old. At the store I was told there was liquid damage. I was surprised, I do not expose my computers to damage. This damage had corroded my logic board. The tech showed me the damage, he said the liquid had come on the right beside the cd drive. He said the damage was strange and excessive, and that the computer would have been involved in significant spill. The warrenty is void and I am liable. I excepted my fate and waited. I left it at the store to be repaired. I later received a phone call telling me the top case and logic board would need to be replaced the cost of the two being around 1000$. I later returned to retrieve my useless computer. A sympathetic manager offered 50% of the repairs, and I accepted. I gathered my computer to find later that evening that rubber base was detached and lose on the right side by the CD drive? The same spot that the liquid entered? What should I do?

Sorry forgot to mention the expense would have almost equalled a new computer, hence the retrieval of the useless machine.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110