Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

big duck

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Just recently I've noticed that my macbook runs hotter under normal use than it used to, to the point that after 30 mins it's hotter than I would like.

If it had started like this I would have shrugged it off as the way it is, but it's the fact that it used to run much better (I've had it since november).

I noticed it happen after I installed windows 7 on bootcamp. Windows always ran incredibly warm and killed the battery quick, it almost seems like the problem migrated over :p

Anybody else got this?
Is there anything I can do about it?
Cheers.

Ol!ver

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2005
Just recently I've noticed that my macbook runs hotter under normal use than it used to, to the point that after 30 mins it's hotter than I would like.

If it had started like this I would have shrugged it off as the way it is, but it's the fact that it used to run much better (I've had it since november).

I noticed it happen after I installed windows 7 on bootcamp. Windows always ran incredibly warm and killed the battery quick, it almost seems like the problem migrated over :p

Anybody else got this?
Is there anything I can do about it?
Cheers.

I've noticed this lately too, and wondered if it was 10.5.7 related.

countrykid333

macrumors member
Feb 29, 2008
i've been noticing the same thing. you can run smc fan control, but thats really just treating the symptoms, not the problem. hopefully someone else can chime in on this. (can't wait for snow leopard to put an end to random **** like this:rolleyes:).

oxox-cocoa-oxox

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2009
Vancouver
same here... i don't know why, but i think it might be the facebook game i play (it requires players to set it and let it run in order to earn points (restaurant city <-- name of the game)

but when i'm not running that game, my macbook seems to be fine... ^^"

will the hot weather be related to macbook getting warmer?? (just a random thought...)

Cyclo0n

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2009
Netherlands
Dashboard

Hi everyone,

Ive experienced this problem too and went out for some googleing. after a hour i found out that my dashboard was the problem. I had about 10 dashboard apps running at the same time. When I close those apps my uMB temperature went from 176Fahrenheit to 104-125. So close your dashboard apps after using!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.