MacBook Unibody Screen vs. MacBook Pro 15" Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cliffrouse11bas, Jun 11, 2009.

1. cliffrouse11bas macrumors regular

I have the 13' MacBook Unibody and am considering a refurb 15' MacBook Pro. Is the screen any better on the MacBook Pro. I do not like the viewing angles of my current MacBook and do not want to buy the MacBook Pro if it will be the same. I will just step up and order the newer one. THanks

2. aristobrat macrumors G5

IIRC, the 15"+ Pros have always had screens that were better than the MacBooks when it came to angles/colors.

About a month or so ago, people buying unibody MacBooks noticed that the screens had greatly improved (at least in regards to colors). On Tuesday, Apple announced that they had, in fact, upgraded the MacBook screens.

Anyhow, if you're going for a 15"+ Pro, you should notice an improvement.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Well, I've always loved the matte screen on my MBP 15" in comparison to the glossy screens.....:cool::cool::cool:

4. unagimiyagi macrumors 6502a

Take out the glossy/glassy preference, and the screen is a huge strength on the new 13" macbook pro. If you don't like it, there's really nothing better out there for a 13" laptop. Personally, I don't see how anyone could dislike the screen's quality except for the reflections. In terms of brightness, contrast levels, vibrancy, viewing angles, response time...I think it is literally like having a 13" lcd tv. That's how good I think it is. It's as good as my dell 24 inch monitor, if not better in every way.