MacBook Unibody White Trackpad Cursor Freezes?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bbnck, Dec 14, 2009.

1. bbnck macrumors 6502

Ok, I don't know how to describe this but I'll explain that when I got my MacBook a few weeks back it had a faulty disc drive and subsequently got replaced to the MacBook I have now. Getting back to the point on both this macbook and the first macbook I had it had a strange issue, where sometimes the trackpad cursor would freeze for a few seconds even though I'm moving my finger over the trackpad still. It would occur more often when I have my leftside-finger on the bottom left of the corner and tracking with the my rightside-finger as you would a usual notebook...it happens quite frequently. Is anyone else experiencing this with the new MB's Late 2009?

2. Ammo macrumors regular

I have the same issue. It fixes when I lift my finger and start over again.

No big deal.

3. bbnck thread starter macrumors 6502

It isn't a big deal I do agree, but its a disappointment considering the MacBook costs £799; hope Apple will fix this soon.

4. bbnck thread starter macrumors 6502

5. bbnck thread starter macrumors 6502

6. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

It's because you have 2 fingers on the trackpad and it's trying to interpret a 2 finger gesture. Get use to not resting your other finger there.

7. bbnck thread starter macrumors 6502

I have my finger in the bottom left corner of the trackpad, and if I had my finger in the middle resting, yes that's when it interprets it as 2 finger gesture and does not move at all. But when I have my left index finger resting in bottom left of trackpad the "freezing" only occurs every so often (not a lot, but it does occur enough to annoy), but not all the time. I booted into Ubuntu and I have no such issues in that, so this is clearly a software issue and god knows how anyone can get Apple's attention to this issue except if it was widely reported.

8. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

And I'm talking from experience. I have the same thing on my Unibody. The freezing only happens with 2 fingers on the trackpad, even if one finger is in a corner. That, or it would suddenly zoom as if I did a pinch (finger in the corner, other finger moving cursor towards it).

I just got used to using only 1 finger on the trackpad and it all went away.

Don't hold your breath for a software update fixing this.

9. iRach macrumors member

iRach

I have the new unibody macbook and haven't had any problems.

10. emboahora macrumors newbie

Same Here

I experience the same issue with my unibody MacBook.
    And I think it is a big issue. It annoys me a lot.
    This is exactly why there is the recommendation to wait for Rev.A when Apple launches a new product.
    I bought mine a day after the release (october 20th, I think), and until now any update solved it.