MacBook unresponsive after waking

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by csilverman, Dec 29, 2012.

1. csilverman macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I have a 2006 MacBook Pro, running 10.6.8. On two occasions now, when I've woken the computer from sleep, the screen was black and the power light was off. The machine looked like it had been shut off, except I hadn't shut it off. It didn't respond to anything.

However, the computer wasn't actually fully off. When I held down the power button (just pressing it didn't do anything), it clicked, as though it was finally shutting off.

In both cases, the computer was unplugged. After I restarted it and plugged it in, the battery registered around 95%, so this didn't seem like the battery had just run down.

Thoughts? I'd really appreciate any ideas or suggestions here.

- Chris

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Look in the System Log or Panic log if you can find anything.

3. nnectw macrumors newbie

The same thing happened to me after about a year with my macbookpro.

The problem was with my motherboard and the techhub people at my school didn't understand and didn't see any problem because it would always turn on when I opened the screen (what are the odds huh?) finally they realized what the problem was and replaced my motherboard and it works fine now.

Try taking it to the Apple store near you and demonstrating what is going on and they will have to run a diagnosis on your laptop to see the problems.