Macbook update with Leopard??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by The Fussa, Jun 22, 2007.

  1. The Fussa macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2007
    #1
    Does anybody know if there is coming an update for the Macbook, when Apple releases Leopard?

    I will wait for buying an Macbook when Leopard arrives, and I hope there is an update.

    So does anybody know something about that?
     
  2. lazydesi macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2006
    Location:
    Gr8 Adelaide
  3. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

    yetanotherdave

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2007
    Location:
    Bristol, England
    #3
    No, no one knows. It seems likely that the MacBook will get a santa rosa and LED screen update possibly in time for Leopard. But it's not certain.
     
  4. lazydesi macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2006
    Location:
    Gr8 Adelaide
    #4
    My guess is

    SR with OLCD screen , 4gig of Ram
     
  5. The Fussa thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2007
    #5
    Ok, what is a santa rosa?

    How about the processor and maybe HD/Blueray?
     
  6. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

    yetanotherdave

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2007
    Location:
    Bristol, England
    #6
    Santa rosa is the updated chipset that the macbook pro's got recently, slightly faster, updated graphics chipset etc. The processors have just had a slight speed bump last month.
    As for blueray and HD, they would be the first mac's to get those, and I believe Apple is in the blueray camp. I think the macpro has support for them, but it doesn't come with them.
     
  7. The Fussa thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2007
    #7
    So you guys think it would be an ok time when Leopard arrives to buy a Macbook?

    Just so that there isn´t a new verion just arround the corner, within a month or so.
     
  8. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

    yetanotherdave

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2007
    Location:
    Bristol, England
    #8
    If you can wait 4 months, and don't need that computer now, then yes, waiting will mean 1) you don't have to pay to upgrade to leopard and 2) you get the chance of a hardware upgrade.
    On the other hand, if leopard arrives and the hardware isn't updated, will you just buy it, or wait incase they upgrade next week, or the week after, or the week after that?
    If you can't afford to go that long without the computer then buy it now, it's a fine machine, and if you realy need, they tend to retain their value qite well, you could ebay it and upgrade.
     
  9. The Fussa thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2007
    #9
    I can wait no problem. And I know what you mean with electronics you can wait forever if you always want to have the best and the newest.
    But I mean 4 month and Leopard arrives, then there has to be an update for macbook within that time. Otherwise it would be an old maschine compared to other electronics.
    Here in Denmark, the value of used Macs isnt that good, so they don't retain the value that good :-(
    Not anymore.
     
  10. fewture macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2006
    #10
    If there is no macbook update during Leopard release (which is October?) then there will definitely be one before christmas (which will be 2 months or less after Leopard launch)
     
  11. The Fussa thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2007
    #11
    So we can hope for a update this year maybe.

    I'll wait until there comes an update for the Macbook.
     
  12. terrordemon macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2007
    #12
    there has to be. dell is releasing a higher power 13" laptop than the macbook, much more powerful, with a geforce 8400. to compete apple has to at least match this or do better, and we know that they ordered a bunch of 13" LED screens

    if not by leopard then by christmas
     

Share This Page