Macbook updates in June?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kovy17, Mar 24, 2008.

1. kovy17 macrumors member

The guy at the Best Buy Apple section (was an employee of apple) said new macbooks will probably come june. Should i wait or is he probably wrong

2. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

Didn't they just update the MacBooks a couple of weeks ago?

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Maybe they read Page 1?

If you do then maybe you can one up that employee. :D

4. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

It is quite possible but then again quite not possible. (did that make sense?) Anyways I am waiting as I am going to be buying my first mac and I really hope they come out with aluminum macbooks. If you absolutely NEED a new laptop now, then buy but if you just WANT one, wait. You will be rewarded.

5. kovy17 thread starter macrumors member

my parents agreed on buying me a new laptop looks like i will need to keep fighting off the urge to get a new laptop. I dont need a new one yet. My powerbook 12 inch works but is a piece of crap. The top left part of the case is separated from the screen, only the left arrow key works. The slab of aluminum where the trackpad is located can be pulled off with much ease it is basically attached to the coputer by wires. and the trackpad and discdrive dont work! But i will wait it out until the next update. it payed off for the ipods when i passed on the video until the touch came out and hopefully it pays off now!

6. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Good idea to wait. I own a late 06 MacBook and have seen very little difference between mine and the latest ones. Montevina should bring some substantial changes, if thats what the mid 08 updates deliver.