MacBook Updates (PETA: Sorry to beat the dead horse)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sinbushar, Jun 20, 2007.

  1. sinbushar macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2002
    Location:
    Jersey
    #1
    So,

    Do you think that we will see an update to the MacBooks anytime soon?
    I'm talking about the SR processors, LED displays, or solid state drives.

    My current 17" needs to be replaced with something that is actually portable. I also broke the LCD :eek:.

    Also, this just occurred to me, is a KVM switch for bluetooth peripherals possible?

    Thanks!
     
  2. MacDonaldsd macrumors 65816

    MacDonaldsd

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2005
    Location:
    London , UK
    #2
    Not for a few months, and you are unlikely to get all of that in the next update, I think apple needs to maintain a gap in specification between the MacBooks and MacBook Pros like the one they have now.
     
  3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2004
    #3
    they were just bumped not that long ago. there won't be an update for awhile again.
     
  4. sinbushar thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2002
    Location:
    Jersey
    #4
    But, as you said, they were only "bumped;" it wasn't a full blown update.

    I guess I'm just hopeful.
     
  5. myke323 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 17, 2006
    #5
    what does 'people for the ethical treatment of animals' have to do with this?
     
  6. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

    andiwm2003

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2004
    Location:
    Boston, MA
    #6
    my guess is september/october.

    in september intel drops their processor prices by ~25%. i could imagine that they speedbump the MBP's and update the MB shortly thereafter to santa rosa chip sets and 2.2GHz CPU's. Maybe LED screens (because Steve promised mercury free screens soon to the greenpeace guys), certainly not solid state HD's. too expesive for a $1299 notebook.

    it would be ~4 month between updates what sounds reasonable to me.

    as usual: if you can wait then wait. if you need it now then buy because the santa rosa version i expect will only be ~5% faster and will have only ~10% more battery life. maybe it will have a much better GPU though but who knows if that matters in real life.
     
  7. Sbrocket macrumors 65816

    Sbrocket

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2007
    Location:
    /dev/null
    #7
    Because he's "beating a dead horse," so to speak.
     
  8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2004
    #8
    a bump = an update. simple as that.
     
  9. Igantius macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2007
    #9
    They're still selling well and there's currently quite a large differential between the MB and MBPs (unlike recently), so there's not too much incentive for Apple to upgrade them quite yet... but who knows!

    The solid state drives in MBs I think will take a while; they're three times the cost for a third of the capacity (roughly) currently.

    There’s a decent, recent Charles Moore opinion piece about the last MB update, which contains sound commentary about the nature of updates/when to update.
     

Share This Page