MacBook updates - what will they be?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by npdale, Oct 29, 2007.

1. npdale macrumors member

So rumors point to MacBook updates... what are they likely to be do we think?

I doubt we are talking major re-design are we? surely just updated chipsets and speeds??

In short they will look the same on the outside... :S

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I'm hoping for a matte screen option and better graphics.

3. sportsnut macrumors regular

.01% chance of a matte screen

4. Canerican macrumors regular

Lower than that, unless they do some crazy for the MBP. But I think that that is a perk of buying a MBP

5. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Some part of me doubts that they will change on the outside simply because they still look fine to me. All of the other Apple products that have been updated this year had some very tired and old looks. The macbooks are relatively new and don't really warrant a new exterior case. Just my opinion though.
    Lee, you should know better than to expect that. :p

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

OK- just a matte screen, please? I can't use a glossy- too difficult to use on the train and the bus. :(

7. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I would love to see it on the macbooks as well, but most consumer-level laptops seem to use glossy. If only we could remove the gloss with an abrasive... (DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME)

8. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Well, seeing as the GMA 950 is relatively ancient by now, the x3100 seems like a given. I doubt that they'll add much else, though a higher resolution iSight seems possible as well. I give a 1% chance of the matte update, 5% of a case update (no event scheduled...). Really just a new graphics card, low chance of case update, no matte screen (why would they?), maybe a little update to SR (2.2 Ghz), but it seems like an x3100 update is it, if anything. They might not even update, but I won't say anymore.