Macbook updates

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mr. Eko, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Mr. Eko macrumors member

They will come around June? Will the next updates be anything special? Maybe aluminum frame, regular display, the new track pad, back light? (I know this is looking more like a MBP, but maybe ;o)

anyone?

2. nzoMD macrumors member

your guess is as good as anyone else... nobody knows and anyone who says they do is just speculating.

3. GeneKam macrumors regular

They have just gotten the revision. About a month ago to name an approximate date. Its is great, although i doubt all the nice feature will be coming to the MacBook. If that happens then apple's business plans are really messed up, as the Macbook and MBP now only will differ in video card and screen size, which is not worth the difference in price. My personal speculations are that the only things that will be changed are the trackpad, that is it, useless in my opinion, gestures and that will be it. It is hard not smart to put higher end LED screens and the keys just simply as they will cost a lot and MB will no longer make such great Revenue. So thats my couple of cents for the thought, i would not be too optimistic about the upgrades that MB will undergo, now the pro on the other hand, if expected, will have the 6MB cache, really great idea as it is designed to "emulate" and be able to stand up to quad cores that are available on the desktop models

4. Aranince macrumors 65816

Macbook was updated at the beginning of November. Also remember, Apple has to make it's line environmentally friendly...so it has to get rid of the plastic case. Aluminum anyone?

Next MacBook update will be around April/may timeframe

5. GeneKam macrumors regular

it was revised in the beginning of december wasnt it? I also do see where you are going with this, plastic will have to change, and also the LED screens will have to be used in order to make the notebook environmentally friendly. LED screens will add to teh cost and the plastic casing, turning to aluminum will also be expensive. And as for the notebook line, Mb are the most sold as they meet most users requirements they will have to make them environmentally friendly if Apple does not want to be pooped on. Which will in fact raise the price even further up, making higher end macbook nearly same cost as the Air, which makes a really silly idea, so personally if apple is willing to sacrifice some one the profits that they get from MB this is not going to happen. Bescides Apple are a bunch of whiny bitches, i work at best buy and they, if found out would mostlily whine why we use their MP as our Best Buy for business machine.

6. GeneKam macrumors regular

PS: i think it was released in November as i just realized that retailers get the product slightly after the actual release date, could be up to a week or so.

7. fakhir macrumors newbie

I want to buy a Macbook

Hi,
    I have a friend in Australia who will come back to India in March and I want him to bring a macbook for me...But before that I want some expert comments from you guys..though most of my doubts have been cleared reading this block...but i have still some doubts...

1. How much it will cost me if i bought a macbook from Australia?

2. Sometimes while working with MS-Office i need to type in Hindi and Urdu. Is it possible with the office version of macbook? and also can i share the files with the people using windows??

3. I learn from this blog that i can install windows in a mac if needed..in this regard i wanted to know that as i know there are no viruses for mac, but if i install windows, is there any possibility that the macbook can come under virus threat????

4. What kind of net connection i can use for the macbook???

5. If i need to share music, photos, text files with people using windows, will i have to change the format...is it possible? particularly with the office files??

6. will there be any servicing problem in India? is there any service centre in Delhi or nearby??

Please give your expert comments....

Thanks..

Regards,

Fakhir

8. Quillz macrumors 65816

Quillz

The MacBook was last revised November 1, 2007. It gained the Santa Rosa platform and a slightly new keyboard layout. I believe before that, there was a MacBook update in late May.

I've noticed that Apple tends to release new products in January, update them in May (laptops), August (desktops) and September (iPod).

9. GeneKam macrumors regular

indeed they do, they try to follow the cycle which is marked within the range of the keynotes from Steve Jobs

10. Aranince macrumors 65816

2. Yes, it is possible
    3. No, Windows viruses do not effect OSX
    4. It has wireless b/g/n built in, as well as an Ethernet port.
    5. No

11. raxafarian macrumors regular

I think he was asking about viruses while running windows under bootcamp. Viruses can affect a mac running windows the same as any pc running windows.

12. Yaboze macrumors 6502a

Yaboze

If a Windows virus affects the boot sector of the HDD or does direct damage to the HD, as opposed to the Windows file system (as they usually do), then it can affect OSX in that way. The virus can't, however, jump from Windows to OSX and be native to OSX.