Macbook Upgrade?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by finnschi, Mar 12, 2009.

1. finnschi macrumors 6502

So I want to Upgrade my macbook to the best possible. I have a 2.4 Ghz macbook(unibody) but only 2Gb of ram, and only a 5400Rpm HDD, so I want to upgrade to 4Gb and a 7200Rpm HDD (SSD doesn't fit my budget...)

I don't want to wait, because I live in Germany and I am visiting the USA right now, so i was planning on ordering from Newegg (or similar) , since there is no sales tax(Michigan)

so I was just wondering, what RAM do you recomend (SPEED is most important, don't mind spending $150 for 4 GB)

and then finaly what HDD do you recomeend (I need at least 320Gb and 7200rpm) :D

Thx in advance

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

3. xkRoWx macrumors regular

xkRoWx

Any RAM at 1066MHz, either Kingston, OCZ, or Crucial. They're almost identical, performance wise.

If I were you, I'd keep the hard drive as is. There's no point in getting 7200RPM, looking at the speed that SSD is being developed, hard disks will soon become obsolete in a couple of years.

4. finnschi thread starter macrumors 6502

Thats true , but I need at least 250Gb for my projects, so it will take The SSD another 3-4 Years to be 100$ for 250Gb...... And since i am running out of space NOW I need a new HDD like... now :eek::)

5. Liam8 macrumors 6502

Liam8

Ssd

I would really consider getting Solid HD but they don't make 320 GB Solid yet... I don't know where to get the best RAM though...