Macbook - USBC Charging

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pitsy1971, May 3, 2018.

1. Pitsy1971 macrumors newbie

Afternoon

I need to replace my MacBook as the battery is not holding any charge anymore and I use it for work constantly

Does any other MAcBook charge using USB C and if so any advice, I dont need a brand new one just need a 13" for work as I cant trust my laptop battery anymore - which is annoying and Apple wont replace unless I pay

Pitsy

2. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

The Retina MacBook (12") all the way back to 2015 will charge via USB-C. The MacBook Pro (13" and 15") will only do so in its current configuration.

3. Pitsy1971 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I have the current MacBook - the battery has died (which is crazy) and its not on any kind of support\replacement program so its not cheap to fix and I lose the Laptop for 5 days!!!

4. leman macrumors G3

Just pay for a new battery... its much cheaper than getting a used laptop (which will also have an old battery btw). Batteries are naturally deteriorating and have to be replaced from time to time. And as to "5 days" — I am sure you can arrange a same-day replacement if you ask nicely. They probably need to order the battery in the first place. if you pay upfront and ask them to call you once the battery has arrived, the actual replacement only takes few hours, if at all.

5. jerryk macrumors 601

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Since you are in the UAE do you deal with Apple directly, or via a 3rd party reseller? With Apple you can usually get to a higher level of management and see if they can expedite the repairs.