macbook video/audio decoding?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DarkFlame, Dec 26, 2007.

1. DarkFlame macrumors regular

I am planning on purchasing a blackbook and putting in 2gb of ram and outputing x264 videos to my big lcd 1080p hdtv. I can get a macbook pro but I really really would rather not due to portability issues. I was wondering if first it could handle it to begin with, with a watchable framerate. Obviously I would not be running anything else on the black macbook when I did this, I just want to make sure it isnt going to skip with 1080p or 720p content.

Also, would i purchase a mini dvi to hdmi cable or would it have to be mini dvi -> dvi -> hdmi setup?

Lastly, audio... I assume I can do a headphone jack to two channel rca.. but what about 5.1 or higher quality sound? What would I use for this, and what would the output from the blackbook be and what would the input to the tv be?

Id be in heaven if I didnt have to get a macbook pro and just put 2gb of ram in my blackbook and a 250gb drive so its like my own bluray or hddvd player!

Thanks!

Edit: I am also a macworld waiter, assuming that something might come along the lines that would let me do this, be a stronger machine but more portable or just as portable. If this is primarly what I want my laptop for, portability and basically a hd rip player, should I even bother waiting?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

1080p is watchable on nearly any dual core processor today.

Don't forget you have optical audio out on the MacBook as well.

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer