MacBook Video Card

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by thisisarcadia, Dec 7, 2008.

1. thisisarcadia macrumors 6502

Ok so i am planning on buying a 32 inch LCD tv for an external monitor for my Macbook for a bigger workplace. Yesterday i went to the apple store and they told me that Macbooks do not support 30 in monitors or above because of power consumption. But today i went to best buy where they let me hook up my mac to the the tv i am planning on buying. Its a Samsung! anyways it worked and the color was crisp and it gave me an option to have a higher resolution than what it's supposed to have. Later i tested a 50 inch Samsung and that was good. It had a nice crisp color and it even gave me an option to change my resolution to full high def. but the screen started shaking so i downgraded. Anyways to my question i am using a mini DVI-DVI to DVI-HDMI and i was wondering even though it is working fine is it and will it put a lot of strain on the video card inside the MacBook? Should I be worried about that? Please give me your advice/ knowledge on the subject. :apple:

2. RobertD63 macrumors 6502

It is a last Gen notebook with the Intel graphics card right? It could do fine with a 35" screen my little mac Mini with a 950 intel graphics does fine with the 26" and so far no strain.

3. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Any new (Al) MacBook will run (almost) any screen with the proper adapter. The old (plastic) MacBook will only support displays with a resolution up to 1920x1200. And trust me, the video card has no problem running an external display.

4. thisisarcadia thread starter macrumors 6502