MAcBook Video In

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jsr22788, Apr 10, 2009.

1. jsr22788 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, I was wondering if somebody could help. At work we often project multiple things (Cameras, powerpoint, x-box, videos and pictures) on a projector and through feeds onto TVs using a vision mixer. I was asked to record what was projected once, but was unable to as there was no budget for buying new equipment.
    I searched for products that would let me do this using my MacBook but all seemed to be very expensive and not well recommend.
    I then had the idea of buying a cheap-ish TV tuner for around the £30 mark that would let me watch TV on my Mac, and then when needed instead of plugging in an aerial get a Phono to Coxial cable and tune in the vision mixer. Would this work? If not are there any other affordable solutions for taking a phono output from the vision mixer into my MacBook.
    Any help would be greatly appriciated

2. djkirsten macrumors regular

Which macbook is it? The unibody or white/black? If you have one of the older ones with FireWire you may be able to plug your video source in to a camera and "pass-through" the video over FireWire into iMovie. Or worst case, you could face the MacBook to the screen and record from the iSight ;)

3. pacalis macrumors 6502a

The Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle $200 would work. It might be beyond your budget (though as a MacBook Pro owner?), but it's simple and has all the bases covered.

http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/intensity/users/