MacBook Video Lag, Help greatly needed please!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by conor ordan, May 22, 2010.

1. conor ordan macrumors member

I have posted this problem on this forum before and am yet to get a reply, please please can somebody help me out here.

Here is the problem...

When I watch any flash video online, after a short amount of time the whole of my system will just lag. All movement on the screen just stops, the mouse stops moving and the sound just loops over itself really quickly (say the sound was playing and it was going "Hi this is a test" when lagging it would just go "this this this this... etc").

This doesn't happen when I watch any other kind of video (including HTML5)
    My flash player is up to date and all software updates are installed

Here are some screenshots of activity monitor before and during the lag in both Chrome and Firefox...

Chrome before lag
    [​IMG]

Chrome during lag
    [​IMG]

Firefox before lag
    [​IMG]

Firefox during lag
    [​IMG]

Also, here are some of my system specs...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please can somebody tell me what I should do or what is going on in the mac or at least tell me if this problem even has a name, at the moment I'm not even sure what to call it.

Thanks in advance,
    conorordan

2. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

if you would care to search, it's just the typical flash problem that everyone suffers, there's no current fix for it but you could use youtubes html5 beta or try Click to flash

3. kdubbs117 macrumors newbie

same problem

Hey i might have the same problem. So when im watching streaming videos, the video just suddenly lags, and eventually it will burst into an annoying buzzing sound. However, after a while it usually fixes itself, or when i restart my computer it fixes. The problems only getting worse progressively. If you have the same symptoms we may have the same problem.
    Unfortunately, ive been endlessly searching through the internet and can't find a solution. So if either of us finds the solution, we should probably tell eachother. Honestly, this thing is driving me nuts.

4. daniscool99 macrumors newbie

Same Problem

I think I'm suffering from the exact same problem. Complete freeze up during video streaming. It's not the internet connection, my girlfriends macbook pro can stream the exact same video perfectly.

Did you ever find a solution?

5. conor ordan thread starter macrumors member

I never did, I searched countless forum posts and I never had any luck. I re-installed Mac OS X a few times with no success either. Eventually I sold the laptop and built a high spec Windows rig.