MacBook video out--best solution?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by IndianCheese, Mar 21, 2008.

  1. IndianCheese macrumors newbie

    Mar 21, 2008
    I went to my local Apple Store yesterday in search of a video out cable...I was looking for one with the red, white, and yellow plugs (what is the specific name for these, VGA?), but all I could find were adapters that converted the mini-DVI to a big blue DVI, and from there, I would have to buy another cable. Is there an all-in-one cable that goes straight from the port on my MacBook to the red, white, and yellow on my TV? If so, would I be able to find it at the Apple Store?
  2. killmoms macrumors 68040


    Jun 23, 2003
    Washington, DC
    I believe the only option is a mini-DVI to S-video, which you'd then need an adapter to go down to composite (the yellow pin phono connection). However, the red and white cables are for left and right channels of audio, so you'll need a separate cable to go from your MacBook's audio out, a stereo mini-jack to RCA adapter, specifically.

Share This Page