MacBook Volume low?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by boateng, Mar 24, 2014.

1. boateng macrumors 6502

Any suggestions

I have found that my volume is kinda low. I have a 2012 macbook pro and have had it for about 1 year and a half

I never had much of a problem but i have noticed I have to put my iTunes song on max volume as well as the laptop on max volume. I listen to my music using earphones......

Should i take my macbook to the apple store?

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

What's your definition of low? Also are you thinking this is because of damage to the speakers? Is it lower than it used to be?

Try zapping the PRAM first.

3. boateng thread starter macrumors 6502

what does that mean?

its lower than it used to be, and also when i try and increase the volume using the increase volume bottle it freezes slightly as it does it.

Think i might phone apple care tomorrow and see what they can do. I have apple care on my laptop.....

4. simon48 macrumors 65816

simon48

Reset the PRAM.

5. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

If you have AppleCare then bring it to any store like Best Buy and compare it to the other laptops on display. Ensure you are comparing to a non-Retina model.

When you zap the PRAM, the speakers should blast the Mac startup chime. Let us know if that sounds normal level. If it does you have a software issue that is easier to correct.

6. boateng thread starter macrumors 6502

erm i am from the uk, there is no best buy over here. and i have just done that pram thing and i think the volume is back to normal.....
    its not freezing when i increase it

not sure if i should still take it in though? what do you think

7. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I would say zap it again and also reset the SMC by following the steps here.

8. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

Barney63

He said it sorted his problem.

Barney

9. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I know, Barney, but issues like this are usually linked so I was taking a proactive measure and instructing him to preventing it from happening again.

10. simon48 macrumors 65816

simon48

Just do what Altemose said above. No need to take it to the Apple Store, you just did what they would do.

11. boateng thread starter macrumors 6502

nah its happening it again

it freezes slightly when you increase the volume

12. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

And you have tried resetting the PRAM and SMC?

Try going to Applications/Utilities and opening Disk Utility. Select your volume which is usually "Macintosh HD" and hit Repair Permissions. Don't bother verifying them, just repair.

13. boateng thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah i need to try it

might just book a genius bar appointment

14. MacBOS macrumors 6502

MacBOS

Im having the same Issue and I tried Reseting PRAM and SMC, any other suggestion?

15. cjwilson377 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem just recently when I installed MacOS Siera. Very frustrating. Wish I hadn't installed it because I miss my volume. Any suggestions for me?

I have found that my volume is kinda low. I have a 2012 macbook pro and have had it for about 1 year and a half

I never had much of a problem but i have noticed I have to put my iTunes song on max volume as well as the laptop on max volume. I listen to my music using earphones......

Should i take my macbook to the apple store?[/QUOTE]