Macbook vs Air

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ajohnson253, Aug 7, 2008.

1. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Anyone one here though about exchanging there macbook for the air within there 14 DAYS?

How come if so?

Any of you actually fall through and do the swap?

If so what do you like about the air vs the macbook function wise?

2. oc2pus macrumors member

For a blink of the eye I thought, whether a MacBook Air might have been the better choice, when I realized how many fingerprints have to wiped away every evening from my black MacBook... when it was clean again, I had also wiped that thought away...

Right now, I don't see any reason to change for the drive-less, slow, hd-space-limited MacBook Air.

Just my 2 ct.

3. tmelvin macrumors 6502

tmelvin

For me it was the $$. I couldn't justify the additional cash for a thinner, lighter system, with similar speed/screen. Granted the screen is better, but when comparing the $899 refurb I have [and love] to almost $1,000 more Air, it just didn't set well.

If I traveled extensively, and needed that extra bit of portability; maybe. But the MB I have really isn't all that heavy, compared to the DELL D830 I used to carry around...

4. Deschain macrumors member

I just don't think the price comes close to justifying the gain in portability.

I travel with my MB quite often and during the semester i bring it to campus pretty well every day. I've never once thought "damn, this macbook is to bulky to carry", the MB is quite small and light (maybe this is because my previous laptop was a huge dell...