Macbook vs Dell

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Jayjewels93, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Jayjewels93 macrumors newbie

I am receiving my brother's original 2007 Macbook this weekend. I currently have a 2011 Dell Inspiron 15r. I was wondering which laptop do you think is better? I do believe that Mac's are better and faster but this Mac is 4 years old whereas this PC is new. Which one is better? And if I keep the Macbook can I get Lion OS on it?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Overall, the Dell is probably better - being 4 years newer, but it comes down to preference and whether you have the software you need on the MB or not. i.e. Is Office/Photoshop installed if you need that kind of software?

3. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

The Dell. My sister has the 15r, and I'm typing on a functionally identical Vostro 3450 right now. The Dell's battery life is superior, the screen is better, the case is sturdier. Also, Windows 7 will run like a champ on the 15r. Lion on the Macbook... not so much.

4. Charcoalwerks macrumors regular

Charcoalwerks

I ran Lion on my mid-2007 MacBook. It ran just fine. No problems at all really. I'm typing on it right now and it still feels like a rock solid machine. Not some cheap piece of plastic. More like....expensive piece of polycarbonite.:p

5. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

It may be rock solid, but it will not be as fast as the dell. It won't last as long either.