Macbook vs Macbook Pro 13" screen.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by KadMac, Jan 2, 2010.

1. KadMac macrumors regular

KadMac

Hello all. I am sorry if this topic has been asked before but after doing a search, I couldn't find anything.

Can someone share with me if the Macbook has the same screen clarity as the Macbook Pro 13"? I am trying to decide between the two laptops and if the screen is just as good on the Macbook as the Macbook Pro 13", I will probably just go with the Macbook.

Any ideas?

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

The current Unibody plastic MacBook has a very good screen. I've played around with them in BestBuy as well as the Apple store, and the viewing angles are almost as good as the MacBook Pro now.

3. pesc macrumors regular

The Macbook screen is much better than the ridiculously glossy and glary 13" MBP. The Macbook is merely bad to use near a daylight window. The MBP is super annoying. The screen ruins it completely.

4. KadMac thread starter macrumors regular

KadMac

Thank you for the info. I actually love the glossy look on screens. So, besides the viewing angles then, they are basically the same screen when it comes to clarity and color?

5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Do you have a Best Buy/Fry's/Microcenter/Apple Store/any computer store that sells Apple nearby? You should check it out for yourself, as that's what ultimately matters.

6. kanpachi macrumors regular

Based on personal experience, the MacBook screen is actually superior to the one on the 13" MacBook Pro, believe it or not. Viewing angles are better and text/images look much sharper...

7. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

I might just agree with that. It's close. We have one of each here in the household and the macBook is really exceptional.

8. Ammo macrumors regular

Same. The fact that the Macbook doesn't have the glass in front of it really helps.