Macbook vs. MacBook Pro (Buyers Remorse)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hayden21, Apr 14, 2008.

1. hayden21 macrumors member

Well I finally drank the koolaid and switched from the PC to the MAC. Now I don't have any regrets about the switch though I feel bad for my HP considering I just bought it 6 months ago.

Anyway I bought the MacBook Pro from Best Buy it is the low end MacBook Pro which retails for 1999 and since it was a previously open item it was really only 1799. I am just wondering weather I really should have paid the extra three hundred dollars for the Pro over the Macbook Black version which has just a fast a processor and in fact a larger hard drive. I'm still not sure if I made the right choice in the matter.

Sincerely,

4 hour old mac customer

2. archesdevil macrumors 6502

archesdevil

I got a new Penryn Blackbook (see specs below) for $1300. I am extremely happy with it.

3. hayden21 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah the Macbook Pro I have has 2GB Ram/200GB Hard Drive and the NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT Graphics card with 256MB Memory. I just feel that at 1800 dollars its not worth it.

4. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

It really depends on your needs. Are you running applications that could benefit from a discrete video card, FW 800, express card slot, faster bus, larger cache, or backlit keys? If not, then the macbook will likely suffice.

5. hayden21 thread starter macrumors member

Well I do mostly web browsing, html coding and photo editing in Photoshop. I have programs like After Effects for video editing that I have really never used, when I did video editing Windows Movie Maker did the job for me. The other thing I like to keep the option of is gaming, but nothing too graphically challenging.

I guess my real concern is getting the lesser HD, but gaining the Graphics Card worth the extra 300 dollars?

The other question is which is more rugged the Pro of the MacBook?