macbook vs macbook pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by professional445, Aug 18, 2015.

1. professional445 macrumors member

2. jmikhail490 macrumors regular

jmikhail490

That's it? Lol

Mbp much faster/stronger machine

rMB much more portable sleeker futuristic machine

Now..... What are your uses so people can actually help you decide and guide you according to what actually makes sense and not just in general. Every single humans needs are different and therefore something might be better for someone while the complete opposite is true is for someone else

Uses??

3. professional445 thread starter macrumors member

my uses microsoft office emails office work and itunes but i do not use social media or youtube but i play some games however only app store games not intensive games i have console for this

thanks for post

4. professional445 thread starter macrumors member

also i do not need a lot of storage i have 128gb and only half full

5. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

Are you just trying to drive your post count up or something?

6. professional445 thread starter macrumors member

no i forgot where the edit button was because of this new forum system so i made a 2nd post to add the storage needs

7. wchigo macrumors 6502

wchigo

Even App Store games can be pretty CPU and GPU intensive, depending on what you're talking about.

Generally, I would suggest anyone who would want to do gaming on a MacBook to go with the Pro unless you're talking very simple games like text adventures or ones that aren't as graphically intense, as you're not going to get a lot of performance out of the rMB for this use case.

8. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

13" MBP is a much better machine for the money, as in performance to weight, cost etc. If performance is not an issue, and you want a ultraportable, the rMB is great.

If I only had to have one machine, it would be the 13 or 15 rMBP.

9. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

Literally any Macbook on the market can handle such usage, so you might as well buy the least expensive one.

10. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

All apples computers will do what you want buy whatever you please it will make no difference.

11. iceman42 macrumors regular

the base rmbp 13inch is a lot faster and its the same price as the base rmb if you don't buy the adaptor for the rmb