macbook vs macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Marti23, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Marti23 macrumors member

Hey how are the speakers on the macbook compared to the macbook pro? Any difference?

And aside from the cosmetic difference and graphics card is it worth the extra 1k for mbp?

2. Neutral Gamer macrumors 6502a

Neutral Gamer

On my 17" MBP the speakers sounded extremely crisp and clear and went up to a surprisingly high volume all without any distortion. General consensus though is that the 15" MBP speakers don't sound as good as they're smaller and I'd assume RELATIVE to MBP's the MacBooks are even poorer. Whichever one you get don't expect any bass cos you won't get any. Best thing to do is go listen to them in store though.

As for whether the MBP is worth the extra 1k. The MacBooks and MBP's are very similar and both very capable machines; these are the only real advantages of a MBP:

Higher resolution and larger screen
    Matte option for the display
    Backlit keyboard
    More ports e.g. FirewWire 800 and ExpressCard slot
    Dedicated graphics card - a MUST for any gaming or 3D applications
    Ability to connect to a 30" monitor at a 2560x1600 resolution

Basically if you don't need the superior graphics card, just get a MacBook and use the money saved to easily install a large 7200rpm hard disk drive (they're easy to do on MacBooks compared to MBP's) and get an external 23" monitor.

Of course if you'd told us what you actually need to use your laptop for then it'd be far easier to decide! :)

3. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

I have a macbook and I absolutely love it but because of the integrated graphics I am looking into getting a refurb macbook pro.
    The speakers are decent, i like my imac g5's speakers better but its ok because I don't have any music on it.

4. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

well your one of the few that love it for the integrated graphics, most people see it as a negative

5. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

Um... I put but in :)Im trying to get some money for a refurb macbook pro because of the integrated graphics because im a gamer. I would love this soo much more if it had even a decent graphics card.

6. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

gotcha...read your post too fast and missed a word