Macbook vs Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sirius.101, Jun 25, 2009.

1. sirius.101 macrumors newbie

I am buying a new Mac to start my Junior year of college. I was just wondering what the difference was between the $999 Macbook and the $1199 Macbook Pro. Is it worth an extra $200 to upgrade?

2. Sounds Good macrumors 68000

I think so. Don't forget about your student discount.

3. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

It depends on what you will be using your laptop for, the MacBooks are pretty fast compared to the older models (none nvidia ones). If you do anything that is video intensive then i recommend you get the 15" mid range MacBook Pro with the better graphics card.

4. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Or, as last gen 2.4 unibody mbp at the refurb store.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I think it is worth the money. I'm looking at getting my daughter one in a few days, as she is heading off to college in early August.

6. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

the biggest difference is probably the super crappy screen vs the good screen

7. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

The MBP screen is better and for ease of viewing I'd recommend that you get a 15" MBP. Get it refurb if finance is an issue; in any case, I have one and it is easily the best computer I have ever had.

Cheers and good luck

8. boston44 macrumors 6502

Processor, Led screen, backlit keyboard, glass trackpad, there are a bunch of new features and I strongly prefer anything but the white. It peels, warps, etc. If you are buying a mac, don't get the white model.

9. pinoyplaya macrumors regular

To me, yes I think the extra $200 was worth it. You get backlit keyboard which is nice, SD slot, better screen, and the new unibody style with a better battery life as well.

10. AdamLikesMusic macrumors 6502

Yeah, I definitely think it's worth the $200.

11. urbancowboy35 macrumors newbie

Yes, it is worth spending a little extra money on the MacBook Pro. I made a little research myself these days, because I was about to buy myself a new one. The MacBook Pro made it. And I am totally happy with it.