Macbook was in car fire.. data retrievable!

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by James Stark, Jul 19, 2014.

1. James Stark macrumors newbie

Hey guys!

Figured I would make my first post interesting. Had a customer bring in her macbook that was in a car fire to see if we could get any files off of it. Looking at it my assumption was.. no way!

I was wrong. It's crazy. Everything else in the car was too far gone. The car was basically framing after the fire. But sure enough we pulled off the bottom bezel and the hard drive was intact. Hooked it up to the server... 0_0 data was there! :D

Maybe the aluminum body dissipated the heat? Good job Apple! :apple: Anyways. Nice to meet you all!

Attached Files:

2. adn rcd dly macrumors 6502

adn rcd dly

Gnarly fire. I hope all involved were okay! And that is super awesome that the HD was intact.

3. James Stark thread starter macrumors newbie

Everybody was clear of the fire! Thank the Lord. Things could have been much worse had they actually been in the car. Didn't tell me the whole story but the car was toast.;)

Still can't believe the data was fine, lol. Super awesome! They were stoked too. Glad to have pictures back.

4. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

:) the data was saved.
    :( the MacBook Pro was toast.

5. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Looks like it has some sort of a plastic hardshell casing on top of the aluminum. Or maybe that's just part of the car interior haha.

6. Drewski macrumors regular

Need to sticky this on the Notebook section for the endless "My MBP gets too hot" threads! :D