Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-joey-

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2009
two days ago, i dropped my bag with the macbook (MB062LL/A) inside it and this weird dots (like pixel error, some of them are flickering, also weird blue dots on HDD icon, shadow, and grey area) appeared when i turn on the mac, at first i thought it was software problem, i"ve tried to reset the Pram, repair disk permission, its still there, i took a snap shoot of it, then i posted it in the software section of this forum, turns out that everybody wasn't able to see the blue dots and stripes on the snap shot, meaning the problem is on my macbook display..

all of a sudden they're all just gone, the weirdness of pixel error, all gone.. :eek:
i restarted the machine and voila its still gone..

but.. today after i used my macbook 'bout 5 hour, the blue dots and stripes are appearing again..
IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

sorry for the blurry pic, took it using my iphone, the only digital camera available at the time..

as i write this down, they're already gone again..
im worried and confused, what is it really? :confused: :(

hellomacguy

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2009
apple will replace your screen

your screen was definatly damaged in the fall, I can't say for sure but the blue dots are likly to come back more frequently as you use the screen.

you should probably have apple replace the screen. If you have applecare it will probably be free, but if you dont apple will probably charge $200, give or take.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.