MacBook whining (cannot be solved with Photo Booth and the like)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by seson, Nov 29, 2008.

1. seson macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've been experiencing a totally annoying whining for quite some time. It seems to occur the first time after system boot when a web page has Flash on it (seems to coincide, but I wouldn't want to say it's Flash's fault) and it doesn't stop until I reboot the system. Even if I close all applications, it stays.

I've tried the Photo Booth solution, but no success. I've tried the "remove all Library/Caches" folders, no success either.

It's really annoying and if put my ear on the keyboard, it seems to come from underneath the D or F key. So it's nowhere near the disk, which I suspected first.

What could that be? It's driving me crazy, how can I get rid of this beeping/whining sound?

I have a MacBook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with OSX 10.5.5.

Sebastian

2. justaregularjoe macrumors 6502

MacBook Whining

is this the Aluminium MacBook, or polycarbonate?

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It is near the RAM; I've heard RAM whine before, but it's not they are defective if they do.

Of course I'm not asserting that that is your problem.

4. seson thread starter macrumors newbie

It's a white model from December 2006, one of the first ones with the Core 2 Duo processor.

Can RAM start to whine at some point? A while back, I don't remember having this problem then. But the RAM is more like underneath the M and N key. This annoying sound comes from a point more to the left.

Sebastian