MacBook white 13" - are there good aftermarket batteries?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by DHart, Apr 1, 2010.

1. DHart macrumors 6502

DHart

My wife's white 13" MacBook needs a new battery and she's really tired of needing to be plugged in all the time.

But, the price for a new Apple branded battery is more than we want to spend... if we don't have to. Especially as we may sell the computer later this year.

Are any of the aftermarket batteries of good quality? Any recommendations for which brands to buy and from what sellers?

Many thanks....

2. dmfactor macrumors newbie

Use eBay. Buying from Apple just ensures you'll overpay. I had to replace the battery in my 13" black Macbook and picked one up off eBay for $35 and it has a 3 year warranty. Works perfectly and you can't really find a better deal.

3. DHart thread starter macrumors 6502

DHart

dmfactor... I found the seller on eBay in the USA who is selling these batteries, with 3-year warranties, like hotcakes at around $38, no tax, with free shipping yet. And the buyer reviews are excellent.

So... since I won't be keeping the computer much past this year, $38 seems like a great bargain to carry the computer along for a while longer. (vs. Apple's $130!!! NOT including tax and shipping).

Thanks for the suggestion.

4. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

For those of you shopping for replacement power supplies and batteries on eBay, I just got my battery and power supply and I'm very impressed. The battery out of the box lasts 5 hours, which is longer than I remember my OEM battery lasting. Power supply is also very close to Apple's IceBook in terms of color and quality, highly recommended.

Price for power supply: $16.75
    Price for replacement battery: $32.95

:cool: