Macbook White 3 Problems :S

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Bilalo, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Bilalo macrumors 6502

Hello All

1. My macbook white is on snow leopard and is fully updated but is significantly slow these days, like veryy for example when using like 14 tabs in firefox and when not using anything it lags alot. Safari chrome and firefox all lag..

2. Also, Whenever I move my laptop while any video is active, the audio and video both lag and screech until the laptop stops from moving, and I do mean moving it gently and normally with two hands.

3. Iphoto takes forever to load up... Whenever I plug in the iphone, the whole laptop freezes for a couple minutes before I could access my iphone from withing Iphoto as it automatically uploads the pics. Everything in iphoto is slow, the library takes forever to load, everything becomes laggy, importing takes a long time and just everything...

What Can I do? I do mind formatting as I dont wanna lose iphoto and imovie and microsoft office and etc and they arent on my apple account nor do I have their discs.... But this is unbelievably annoying...

Aside from all of this, will upgrading to mountain lion make any of my software say microsoft or iphoto and so on not compatible or not working or will they update alone?

THank You ALOTT

2. Bilalo thread starter macrumors 6502

:( 500 views not even a suggestion of a clean install :/

3. mwhities macrumors 6502a

External hard drive; clone your current drive to it; clean install on your old hard drive. If that fails to be any better, replace your hard drive.

It does sound like a hard drive issue to me.

4. Bilalo thread starter macrumors 6502

Is there anyway I could copy microsoft office and other apps like iwork and iphoto and all those to an external :/