MacBook (White 9400M) battery drain sleeping problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by terriyaki, Mar 23, 2009.

1. terriyaki macrumors 6502a

I have a sleep problem with my MacBook (9400M White). I recently resolved a problem where it wouldn't go to sleep by itself if left inactive on battery power (regardless of energy settings) by resetting the SMC and PRAM/NVRAM but now something else has popped up. Now, whenever I cycle my battery down to past the low battery warning popup, it just eventually completely dies. Shouldn't it go to sleep first? That's what my old iBook G4 would do. I doubt it's something related to the SMC or PRAM/NVRAM since I just reset those. What else can I do? I'm pretty sure my MacBook should still have enough juice go to sleep.

2. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

I had this when my white macbook was new. After a couple of full cycles on the battery the issue dissapeared. Never had the problem since.

3. terriyaki thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmm OK then. Hopefully my problem goes away as well now that the battery has been cycled down and the laptop knows the exact capacity of my battery.

4. terriyaki thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bump.

Argh, I cycled it all the way down past the low battery warning and it happened again.

What gives?! :(

5. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

6. terriyaki thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmm interesting. I remember installing some sort of update similar to this but I don't think it was as recent as the 19th. I'll try it in a bit. Thanks, pellets! :)

7. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

How many full cycles has your battery done? Like I said, mine took a few before the problem stopped happening. I can't remember how many, but it may have be 10-15.

8. terriyaki thread starter macrumors 6502a

It just happened again. I don't get it, ugh, this is getting really annoying. I doubt it's because my battery isn't "broken in" but for the record my battery is now at 34 cycles.

Oh and just for the record the battery fix that pellets posted didn't help either.

9. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

Too bad that it hasn't sorted itself out. If the problem persists, then you should definitely get it looked at by someone.