Macbook White Battery Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Bilalo, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Bilalo macrumors 6502

My sister's white macbook goes crazy sometimes. The charger sometimes doesnt work randomly, like it just plainly doesnt charge at all, the orange light doesnt come in meaning its not charging. Please do not say did you try different sockets or whatever because im sure you know I would try all of those before coming here and posting on this thread. This usually lasts for 6-24 hours roughly or something like that and one time it lasts for 3 days. I cant really tell you much more than this as my sister doesnt keep track of these things and it also happened last night to her while i was asleep, and lasted for like 12 hours or something. Please Help

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

See the link for troubleshooting MagSafe adapters at the bottom of the CHARGING section of the following link. Also try resetting the SMC. Use iStat Pro (free) or iStat Menus ($16) to get accurate readings of your battery health. It may be time for a new battery. If the battery is healthy, take it to Apple and they can test to find what the problem is.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions:

3. Bilalo thread starter macrumors 6502

Its not about the battery, even if the battery is fried which it isn't because it lasts a few hours, it should still charge or the laptop should atleast work while plugged in and the orange light should always show. Anyway i will look at magsafe troubleshooting and one question, ehats the different between magsafe 1 & 2?