macbook white cracks when opens

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by raggamac, Nov 18, 2010.

1. raggamac macrumors newbie

Seemed the most appropriate section.. hope its right.

When I first got my macbook white I managed to drop it on its spine. It now makes a loud "crack" sound when you open the clam. I don't think its affected the running (the fans are quite excitable at times- not sure if this is normal).
    Basically I'm wondering what I need to replace to stop it catching. It sounds like the top and bottom part of the case are catching but I can't see where (even after taking the keyboard out).

Any ideas?

Pete

2. eman macrumors 6502a

Many times after a macbook has been dropped, a hinge or both hinges will be bent; this will lead to the top lid (bezel area) rubbing the rear keyboard area when opening the macbook lid.

3. raggamac thread starter macrumors newbie

I haven't dropped it many times. Just the once (the second day I owned it!).
    It doesn't seem to catch externally either...

4. happle macrumors 6502a

do you have a case on it? i have a hard case on mine and it tends crack when i open it sometimes. but when its off it never does. could be completely unrelated to you but im just telling you my experience. have you tried to look very closely at where it might be coming from? maybe you can figure out whats happening if you do so.

5. Macman756 macrumors 6502a

Macman756

He doesn't mean dropped many times, he means many times, as in most of the time, when a macbook is dropped once the hinges bend. This is true, one drop will do it, and yours have bent and are rubbing.

6. raggamac thread starter macrumors newbie

I see,
    Are these easy to replace? Can I do it myself or is it tricky?