MAcbook White Discoloration

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by teknikal90, Jan 30, 2008.

1. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

Is this still a current problem?I'm about to order a white macbook but saw ugly pictures on the net of discolored white macbooks..should i opt for black instead?

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

No. That issue was resolved by Apple shortly after the MacBook's release over a year ago.

3. mosx macrumors 65816

My first MacBook (Late 2006, 2GHz C2D, SuperDrive) had an issue with discoloration, even though it had supposedly been fixed by then.

I think the main issue now is build quality. My second MacBook (replaced the first, Mid 2007, 2.16GHz C2D, SuperDrive) had the casing come apart and the battery start to bulge.

For $1400 after taxes, you'd think Apple would be able to build notebooks as sturdy as sub-$1000 PCs.

4. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Yeah--if you buy a Macbook, don't worry about the case turning colors; worry about the case holding together.

5. teflon macrumors 6502a

teflon

I have a macbook for almost 8 months now, and no discolouration or falling apart. Don't worry, you have a one year warranty so if anything happens in the first year you're covered. If the case doesn't discolour in the first year, it probably won't in the following years. If you're really worried, you could always get applecare.

6. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

here's a tip - wash your hands.

here's another tip - close your macbook slowly and gently.

treat your macbook like you're poor and just spent your life savings to get it.

do not treat your macbook like you're a millionaire who paid for it with pocket change.

7. teknikal90 thread starter macrumors 68030

teknikal90

lol lol.ok...i went to the an apple reseller today and saw macbooks on demo...they had some discoloration but i suspect theyre from dirtty hands.i think im going to go with the black...leave the ram to 1gb and buy perhaps 4gb from elsewhere.

8. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

You just opened a whole can of worms saying your going to get a black. But if I were you I would get the black one also, despite what people say.