MacBook White - First Person Shooter?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Plastonick, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Plastonick macrumors newbie

I've the 2.4GHz/2GB ram White Macbook. I'm wondering what First Person shooter games will run well on my MacBook. I've got Unreal Tournament 2004 and Halo both working faultlessly - but I've heard bad things about other First Person shooters on the MacBook.

So, if there are any games you would suggest (First Person Shooter preferably, but otherwise will be okay too) please say now! :)

Plastonick

Edit: I'd like Mac games, I don't want to run them through bootcamp. Also, online play is a must!

2. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

I run Half-Life and Counterstrike 1.6 through Crossover games on my MacBook (see sig) and they both run fine on medium settings.

3. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Can i ask. Will you be running Crossover application or do you have a Bootcamp setup when you'll be playing games?

4. ai4281 macrumors newbie

Call of Duty 2 (Mac version) works beautifully on mid-low settings. It will run even better on bootcamp with XP SP3 though.

5. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

I tried CSS with bootcamp and I had to lower the DirectX level and it was still unplayable.

ChrisN

6. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

Call of Duty 4 runs well too on low settings.

7. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Try updating the graphics driver from intel's site, instead of using Apple's. I was able to get 30-40fps at 1024x768 with medium settings when I did this.

8. Plastonick thread starter macrumors newbie

Call of Duty 4 isn't even supported on the MacBooks GPU?

9. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

Just took these 10 mins ago off my white MacBook. Does the game get laggy? Sometimes. To the point it isn't playable? No.

Attached Files:

10. ai4281 macrumors newbie

Those are some great pics there.

Although, with the quality set to that low, the game is almost unrecognizable!

o well, I don't think any of us got the White Macbook for gaming anyways, though it would be a nice perk.