Macbook White: Imbalance Speakers

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by DarkFly3r, Jun 22, 2010.

1. DarkFly3r macrumors newbie

Hi guys. I noticed my Macbook White (late 2009 model) right speaker is slightly louder than the left one. I have checked the sound balance on my sound setting and its set to balance.

Some things i have noticed when playing with the settings. When i shift the balance to the left, there's sound on the right when it's not supposed to. Then when i shift to the right, the left speaker is quiet.

Would appreciate if anyone could clarify this. Thanks.

PS: This problem seems to happened on older Macbooks - http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/130783-speaker-imbalance-towards-right.html

2. DarkFly3r thread starter macrumors newbie

I have already done so with no changes made. Right still sounds slightly louder than left. :(

3. UltimaLink macrumors regular

Make the left louder through settings, in theory, this should work.

4. DarkFly3r thread starter macrumors newbie

It works but is there anyway i could resolve this issue? I hate to balance it whenever i use earphone/headphone. Is this a flaw?

Any experts?

5. DarkFly3r thread starter macrumors newbie

6. ahm macrumors member

If it's only happening in your headphones, have you considered that they are the problem?

7. DarkFly3r thread starter macrumors newbie

There's nothing wrong with my earphones. Just that the adjusted balance setting somehow brought forward to my earphones setting and i had to adjust the setting each time i uses different output mode.

Any idea with the built-in speakers?