Macbook White keyboard intermittently acts odd

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by zildjansg, Jun 17, 2011.

1. zildjansg macrumors 6502

The keyboard on my MacBook white 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM randomly acts odd like when I typed certain alphabets, it'll come put different or do things they aren't supposed to:confused: I tried a series of troubleshoots (as per apple support) but to no avail.I tested it with my external keyboard (both wireless and wired), and it worked flawlessly. As I researched the issue, some say its a hardware problem, others figured out it's a software, some even said its a virus(?).

Anybody experiencing this issue and have solved it?Very much appreciated if somebody will impart any solution on this.

TIA

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's not a virus. No viruses exist in the wild that can run on Mac OS X, and there never have been any, since it was released 10 years ago. The handful of trojans that exist can be easily avoided with some basic education, common sense and care in what software you install:
    Your problem is most likely hardware related. Perhaps you have stuck keys or something shorting. The fact that external keyboards work fine rules out software.

3. zildjansg thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks so much for the info.after a series of troubleshoots, the letters A, F and the Delete keys are the only one who responds differently. when I hit the DEL key on a typed letters, it will delete all. Likewise if I will type A and F, A will appear to be "å" and the F is ƒ.:confused: