Macbook White Unibody HD

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by The13thDoctor, Mar 12, 2010.

1. The13thDoctor macrumors regular

I'm planning to get the white unibody MB, and what if i need to upgrade the HD to 1 TB what HD should i get?

2. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

Currently the only offerings in a 1TB 2.5" drive have a height of 12.5mm which will not fit in a white unibody MacBook. I believe the largest is a 640GB.

The height restriction is 9.5mm.

3. Striker-UMB, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2011

Striker-UMB macrumors regular

WTH do you need a 1TB sized drive for? That is freaking overkill, buy a desktop if you want something that large.

4. The13thDoctor thread starter macrumors regular

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

what a worthless response

you don't know his situation

6. GfulDedFan, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2011

GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

Youbetcha!

Here's a link to that 640GB: WD Scorpio® Blue™

7. YasminTiara macrumors newbie

I bought a new MacBook. I couldn't help it. Three days spent in and out of the press room at the MWC in Barcelona meant three days of seeing the tiny 13" package over and over (these unibody MacBooks seem to be popular). Worse, I was seeing the svelte new carcass alongside my old-model MacBook Pro.

"It's a truism of Apple design that every product looks amazing until the next revision is unveiled. Then, what looked great yesterday suddenly looks old and tired. So I did it. I bought a new laptop to replace one barely eight months old.

"What follows is a comparison of the two in use, consisting of the first impressions that will quickly fade from memory....

"That 'brick' nickname for the unibody process? It fits. This thing feels like a single, solid slab of Mac . . . The old MBP feels almost flimsy in comparison....

"...the new glass multitouch pad is amazing, and takes all of a couple minutes to get used to....

"The benchmarks from around the web show that for processor-based tasks, the new aluminum MacBook is the equal of the old MBP....

"The screen though, is truly awful...."