Macbook White Unibody late 2009 superb screen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by teerexx52, Nov 11, 2009.

1. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

I have a new MacBook Unibody white with a 9CD1 screen. I've had 13" MacBook Pros and own a 15" late model MacBook Pro and this screen stands up very well against them. Nice to see Apple made these newer MacBook screen up to snuff.) (My opinion of course)

2. cfitz7111 macrumors 6502

Apple has definitely made the choice between the MB and the MBP more difficult. Though my nod is still with the MBP refurn for the same price as the new MB.

3. teerexx52 thread starter macrumors 68000

teerexx52

I don't think I would argue that but I do see many posts that state that the MacBook screen does not measure up to the pro. I had a 13" MacBook Pro I had to return and exchange finally for a 15" as they couldn't get the screen right. This was a quirk finally fixed in 10.6.2. However, this screen is easily as nice as that one and on par with my current 15". So my point is I think the screen can no longer be the reason not to buy this machine in my opinion.

4. acurafan macrumors 6502a

i have client that purchased 3 or 4 of these new macbooks, i do agree it's better then my white macbook - screen is more crisp and the body is more rigid.

5. thefaceless macrumors member

Yeah, the MacBook screen was definitely the best I've used - ran circles around all my other laptops and the Dell monitor I've bought since. The Pro's screen might have better colour but honestly, the MB's is just stunning on its own.

Shame the LED backlighting gave me horrible headaches so I had to return it anyway though. Wonder when the next big screen technology update will come along...

6. cfitz7111 macrumors 6502

The MacBook certainly closed the gap, yet we see what :apple: considers pro features, SD card, backlit keyboard, FW, a slightly better screen.

It will be interesting to see if :apple: makes a bigger spec difference between the MacBook and the MBP when its updated come January (I hope)