MacBook White Unibody Trackpad Smoothness "Juddery"

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bbnck, Feb 16, 2010.

1. bbnck macrumors 6502

I've owned my unibody white MacBook for quite a while now, in December last year that's when I bought the first one which had a faulty SuperDrive and subsequently got replaced to the one I have now. The problem I've always had with the first one and the one I have now is when my fingers are quite moist its difficult to glide my fingers over the trackpad; i.e. its not smooth (juddery if there's a word to describe it...) - does anyone else experience this?

Thanks,
    Ben.

2. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Not to be a jerk, but maybe wash your hands, or purell before using. I never experience your issue, I assume because my hands are always clean.

3. bbnck thread starter macrumors 6502

I do wash my hands often, especially after I've touched food before using the MacBook again, and it doesn't make a difference. I'm just seeing if anyone else has this same issue?

4. lokster macrumors 6502

lokster

place a screen protector over the trackpad, maybe your trackpad is worn down, and a glossy screen protector will make it more slippery

5. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

it is just the amount of natural oil in your hands. I find that after washing my hands this actually gets worse, but after thoroughly drying them it is better.

Oddly though, I found the glass of the unibody macbooks to be a lot smoother even when my hands were greasy than the older ones, which tend to judder much more.

Do a couple of tests to see what level of moisture in your hands results in what sort of trackpad resistance: I think you will see that it varies over the day, and that you should just try to learn to accept in order to forget! :)