Macbook white updated this Tuesday, will Macbook unibody update soon?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by KeeeeenW, May 29, 2009.

1. KeeeeenW macrumors member

KeeeeenW

Macbook white updated by Apple this Tuesday. Comparing the hardward configuration with Macbook unibody(466), the new Macbook white may faster than 466. Anyone think Macbook unibody will have a update on hardware soon?

P.S MacRumors Buyer guide also said "Recommendation: Buy only if you need it - Approaching the end of a cycle"

2. nick9191 macrumors 68040

3. marold280 macrumors 6502

marold280

i personally hope it does. No one knows of yet though. just have to wait :D

4. hellfire88 macrumors 6502

No one knows for sure but I couldn't see why the lower end 466 uMB would not be updated to at least 2.13GHz to match the "lowest-end" whitebook.

5. iTomm macrumors newbie

This could be an attempt to sell out the White MacBook stocks as they are being EOL'ed.

Or, the more likely conclusion is that they will be updating the Unibody Macbooks soon.

6. bubbagumpshrimp macrumors 6502

Dumb..... He didn't ask if anyone KNEW what was going to happen, he asked what we THINK will happen.

With that out of the way... I believe their is a good chance they will. Fewer people are going to want to by an Unibody if its inferior in specs for the dollar.
    Im definitely waiting to get my Unibody to see what apple has up their sleeves.

7. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Why have they updated it to a new model if they just want to sell out old stock?

:confused:

8. mrj205 macrumors regular

I would say more than likely. At a minimum the base uMB will hopefully be bumped to match the white MB. All you can do is wait. WWDC is in 10 days now:D, so we might see it then or soon after. Just be patient, Apple likes to hang bait in front of your face...