MacBook (white) updating along with MBPs, likely?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iWantMac, Mar 3, 2010.

1. iWantMac macrumors newbie

Hi,

Since I am soon getting very fed up with waiting for the new MBP lineup, I thought about getting the MB instead, since it offers pretty much the same specs and user experience for a lesser price.

How likely do you see the MB updating at the same time with MBPs, even though it just updated on October?

I am asking this because, if it's seen very unlikely to update anytime soon, I would feel less bad buying "outdated" HW, and could justify the purchase of one much easier than if I bought the current MBP.

I need a new laptop, and seem to be forced to get the current gen stuff. As there is no update for the MBP in sight, sigh...

2. thirdykal macrumors member

Doesn't this belong in the Macbook forum, even though it is slightly linked to MBPs?

Anyways to answer your question, I'd say not very likely. From what I understand, Core2Duo is EOL early this summer (though some posters been saying later this month, I'm still unclear), Apple would more likely be poised to update at WWDC which is early summer.

For me at least, I like the aluminum, the backlit keyboard and the superior screen quality, and that, for me, is enough to justify the base 13" MBP over the MB, even though the specs are embarrassing.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

4. Beutelkatze macrumors newbie

the white unibody mb and the 13" mbp use the exact same led backlit panel, so there is no difference.

5. iWantMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually, not. The MBP panel has 60% more color gamut even according to Apple's own specs on their website. And this is readily visible when comparing the units side by side.

That said, my eyes liked the MB display better. :)

I posted on MBP forum because this is where all the latest and hottest MBP update rumours are, and hence also possible MB update stuff. Sorry if it bothers, but I hope it can remain here.

6. Beutelkatze macrumors newbie

How is that possible?
    The panels are the same, even the model # matches.