MacBook White Warm up @ flash video

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Lopelis, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Lopelis macrumors newbie

Hi All!
    I Have a problem when I start watch flash videos in internet my harddrive start to spin wery fast and my MacBook white start to warm up...
    Is there any explanation of this problem?
    Is there any clue?

Thanks in advance!
    Lopelis! :apple:

2. 11800506 macrumors 65816

Which white Macbook is this? Does it have the Intel graphics or Nvidia graphics?

Regardless of the graphics though, Flash isn't very well optimized for OS X, although the newest version of Flash (Flash 10) is much better at using less CPU. Make sure that you are updated to Flash 10 and that should fix some of your issues.

3. Lopelis thread starter macrumors newbie

I have MacBook with intel graphics ... ok I will check about flash 10 version ;)
    Any other advices ?

4. edgew8 macrumors regular

edgew8

If you can run bootcamp and install windows I would use that for flash stuff, frankly, flash is a joke in osx, it has nothing to do with your components ( as far as the heating issue goes).

Your MB wont heat up your family jewels or spin your fans to Boeing speeds if you run the same flash movie in XP on your hardware.

5. Lopelis thread starter macrumors newbie

No no no, I do not use XP I use osx.

After Flash version 10 same problem.

6. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

Welcome to the wonderful world of Adobe's poorly-coded software. There's nothing you can do other than to avoid Flash whenever possible (which, as it turns out, is actually fairly easy to do.)

7. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

i think it is flash just being very processor intensive

that's why we haven't seen it on the iphone yet. it sucks a lot of resources, which would kill the battery life on the iphone.

who wants to have a phone die in a middle of a conversation just because you played some flash game or watched hulu (i think hulu is flash)

8. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

I don't think it's the battery life that Apple's concerned about as much as it is the poor performance. At the moment, Flash *really* sucks on ARM-based devices, and Apple's working quite hard to optimize the iPhone software to provide the smoothest experience on (somewhat limited) hardware -- to ship something as bloated as the current builds of Flash Lite would be a bit self-defeating.

But you're right -- Flash is currently very processor intensive.