Macbook Will Not Boot At All!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Doug Donut, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Doug Donut macrumors newbie

Sorry for shouting but I'm desperate...
    Macbook repeatedly plays startup sound, sometimes cutting the sounds short and playing again and again.
    I have tried EVERY possible action... I am nowhere near a mac dealer or tech as I live in the woods.
    Hitting apple key+start does nothing...I did a bettery check, a power check (removing batt and holding power button 5 secs) I held down the power button for 5 seconds, got the loud beep.. then it restarted over and over until finally showing the apple Logo on a grey screen, then in 5 different languages a text telling me I need to restart my computer...
    Apple key+s or any other key along with the apple key yeilds nothing...

This system is 6 months old and used mainly for photos and browsing the web......Absolutely no downloads, or upgrade stuff other than the obvious recommended ...

ANYONE?

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

does every possible action include resetting the PRAM?

google (resetting Pram)

3. Theatrics macrumors member

I recommend trying these steps from apple's support page:

Try Disk Utility
    Insert the Mac OS X Install disc that came with your computer, then restart the computer while holding the C key.
    When your computer finishes starting up from the disc, choose Disk Utility from the Installer menu. (In Mac OS X 10.4 or later, you must select your language first.)
    Important: Do not click Continue in the first screen of the Installer. If you do, you must restart from the disc again to access Disk Utility.
    Click the First Aid tab.
    Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.
    Select your Mac OS X volume.
    Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

If the problem continues after trying your options on apple's support page, I would just do an archive and install. That way you can save your documents but reinstall OS X.

4. Doug Donut thread starter macrumors newbie

Will do

Thanks... My mac-book pro has never had a problem, I'll try that Pram thingy...

5. Doug Donut thread starter macrumors newbie

Still no go....

Tried that PRAM gig... Still no response. I called apple and unfortunately I don't have that xtra "assistance" program that allows me phone help... Good thing it's still under hardware warrantee? Meaning what?