Macbook will not charge

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by yoplay, Apr 2, 2008.

1. yoplay macrumors newbie

I'm not too sure if it's my charger or my macbook. When I plug in the charger magnet it does not light up orange or green. I'm at 50% on the battery. It happened before but it worked a couple minutes after trying again (not sure how) But has any of you had this problem before? I'm at work right now at a mall and there's an apple store inside of it. Should I just go there and ask about it? Thanks.

2. skiesforme macrumors 6502

skiesforme

Nope haven't had this problem but why are you waiting when there is an Apple Store beside you. Go ahead and get it checked.:)

3. yoplay thread starter macrumors newbie

just did a search on the forums and found one post of some penryn MBPs this happened to. I dont know why? I baby my MB. =[ It's going to be my first visit to the apple store to get something fixed. Hope they're cool about it and not give me bad service. :rolleyes:

4. yoplay thread starter macrumors newbie

wow, I walk to the apple store and back to work and guess what? My charger starts working. I have an appointment again tomorrow so i'm probably going to ask for a new charger.

5. hydrokayak macrumors member

I just unplugged the Magsafe from the wall, and the Macbook... let it set for about 5 mins, and plugged it back in. It works fine now...

6. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Your power supply is going back. Replace it.