Macbook Wireless Connection Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rubiks, May 26, 2010.

1. rubiks macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I need some helps here. Here is some background: bought a Macbook in 2006with 2.16GHz, 120 HD and running SnowLeopard.
    My Macbook is acting up on me with a Wifi issue. I used 8MB Charter cable and Linksys rounter. The macbook connects to wifi with no problem, but website is loading super slow sometimes(Even Google.com). Please note it is sometimes, it will load websites in a blink when it is okay, but it takes a minutes to load Google.com when it is not happy. iStat shows 0 kb data incoming. :confused:

Does anyone has solution to this?
    Thank you

2. Surely Guest

Surely

If your MacBook is connected to the wifi network, it isn't a wifi issue.

What happens when your MacBook is directly connected to your modem?

It's more likely a problem with your internet connection. Perhaps call your ISP and have them tell you to check to see if the lights are blinking, and then, after a few minutes of research, the tech will tell you the ultimate solution: unplug your modem, wait 30 seconds, and plug it back in.

3. rubiks thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention that there is no problem with othere computers(laptop and desktop). Only one is having this problem is my Macbook. I took it to my friend's house for a test drive. It experienced the same problem. Slow internet sometimes. My friend's sister's Macbook has the same issue while her brother's laptop(win 7) has no issue using the same IP and router.

4. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Have ya tried resetting your router and your computer's internet connection? That always works with me !:D

5. lott67 macrumors newbie

WIFI Slow possibly due to WEP encryption

I recently had the same issue with my year old Macbook. Very Slow wireless and blazing fast when direct connected to the router via ethernet cable. I have been searching for help and read somewhere that it could be due to the use of WEP encryption on my router. I changed from WEP to WPA instead and it is working great now.

Good Luck