Macbook Wireless connection sooo slow?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by wolfput, Nov 4, 2010.

1. wolfput, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010

wolfput macrumors newbie

Can anybody help me as my download wirless speed is only 250kb but upload is ok with 1MB? Wired all is fine and I dont know what is wrong? thanks

2. dr. shdw macrumors 6502a

3. wolfput thread starter macrumors newbie

Connection is ok

No, as upload is fine with 1 MB (live in China is HSIA is generally slower...) Do not understand!

4. melpote macrumors member

melpote

I am having the same problem. At work and at my house. The internet is so slooooow and also it crashes all the time. :mad:
    I just got my macbook three weeks ago. But when I hook the ethernet cable in there it is all gravy.

Confused.....:confused:

5. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

What do you mean the internet crashes all the time?

6. stillmac macrumors newbie

wireless connectivity problems

My macbook is about 4 years old. I upgraded to Leopard about 8 months ago. It has been 3 days now that I can't connect to my wireless router, unless I am in the room where the router is located. If I step out, it drops the connection.

I contacted Comcast, Belkin (router manufacturer) and I went to apple store.
    Belkin guy tried changing bunch of settings and at the end said the problem was the computer. Apple store suggested shutting down and removing the battery. I did that too to no avail.

Do you guys have any clue what might have happened all of a sudden?

By the way, in the room that I don't have connectivity now, other devices including the finicky ipad connects to the wireless network. But macbook doesn't see it or it drops the connection.

I appreciate your help.

7. melpote macrumors member

melpote

I shouldn't say "crashes", sorry, but it drops the signal constantly. My co-worker says this happens to his macbook when he is at home. I just wonder why it is happening. :confused: